Recently a lawyer contacted me and asked for a good introduction to debt defense and illegal debt collection practices.
The person was especially interested in the disclaimers of accuracy that exist in the forward flow agreements between banks and debt buyers.
- – The articles I wrote, which are on my website.
- – The NCLC Collections Manual.
- – Bad Paper, a book by Jake Halpern (also the NYT Magazine version here).
- – Any and all of the enforcement actions listed on my website.
- – The NCLC Fair Debt Collection Practices Manual
- – Up to date COVID 19 resources for consumer advocates from the National Consumer Law Center
- – Join the National Association of Consumer Advocates and take the online course Debt Defense 101
The consumer protection lawyers at Holland Law Firm focus on a variety of debt collection defense areas. Contact us if you need a student loan attorney, medical debt attorney, credit card debt attorney, tenant rights lawyer, or any other kind of consumer debt.